If you haven’t already heard, the EPA is under attack by our legislators. Our own Congressman Upton authored and passed a bill through the house attacking the EPA’s funding and their ability to regulate the Clean Air Act.
The next step is for the bill to pass through the Senate, which is where the process is currently about to begin. We need your help! Five minutes of your time can have an impact on national policy.
While it may seem intimidating, it is important that you call your Senators immediately – the bill could be voted on at any time. Here in Michigan our Senators are Carl Levin and Debbie Stabenow. Follow the easy steps below:
- Call the U.S. Capitol Switchboard (202) 224-3121 during business hours
- Ask for the office of [your Senator] (in Michigan they are Stabenow and Levin, you will need to make two separate phone calls, one to each office)
- Speak with a live person (many offices have the option of leaving a message)
- Tell them you are a constituent, give your name (and address if you would like)
- Say: Any attempts to limit the EPA and their ability to protect our communities from pollution are a step in the wrong direction. I STRONGLY urge [Senator name] to vote NO on any, and all attempts to weaken the Clean Air Act or the EPA and their ability to protect the health of our communities.
- Thank them for their time, hang up and call back for your other Senators office (each state has two)!